There are going to be ups and downs during your juice cleanse, but preparing ahead of time will help your body and mind to stay focused. Doing this can also help to alleviate, or avoid a lot of other symptoms like headaches and food cravings that can come from jumping into a juice cleanse too quickly. Below are some helpful tips that will make your juice cleansing experience a better one.
Tip #1. Set A Date For Your Juice Cleanse
- Set a date that you are planning to do your juice cleanse and try to pick a time that will be less stressful. Not everyone will, but it’s possible that you might experience some symptoms from detoxing during your juice cleanse. Weekends are a good time for a lot of people to begin a juice cleanse, or whenever you have time off from your usual activities and/or work.
With the busy schedules many of us have to keep in our daily lives, we cannot always find the perfect time to start our juice cleanse. By planning the beginning of your juice cleanse on days you normally are less busy, you will give yourself some time to adjust with the minimal amount of distraction.
Everybody is different. Some people don’t experience nearly as many detox side effects as others, and some people don’t experience any at all. When you have come through this part of the juice cleanse (which is just your body cleaning itself out) you might experience some amazing feelings and a renewed sense of life and energy. Again, not everyone does, but many do!
Either way it’s still a good idea to pick a date ahead of time and do your best to make this a time that will be as stress-free as possible. There are some pretty good reasons why you want to try to reduce your stress during your juice cleanse, and this article here covers them well.
If it’s not possible to have a completely free day to begin your juice cleanse, as is the case with many people, then simply set a date so you can prepare yourself ahead of time for your adventure! At the very least this will help you to begin the process of preparation in your mind, as well as your body.
It will also help you to ease into your juice cleanse, which can help you to stay committed and see it through. Taking in nutrition only in the form of juice can be not only a physical change, it can also be a mental one. Preparing ahead of time by picking a day to start that’s as stress-free as possible will give you better odds of succeeding.
I recommend you read this article about the best time to do a juice cleanse. It covers seasonal considerations and days of the week a bit more in depth than I have here! A good read to have open while you’re selecting the best day for you to begin.
Tip #2. Prepare For Your Juice Cleanse By Cutting Out Or Cutting Down On Certain Foods
- At least a few days up to a week ahead of your juice cleanse you will want to start cutting out or at minimum cutting down on certain foods. Cutting all of these foods and beverages below out completely before-hand would be ideal, but for many this can be very challenging. If you can’t cut them out altogether just know that cutting them down as much as possible can still be very helpful.
The foods you’ll want to cut out include meat, dairy products, gluten, processed foods, coffee, sugar, dairy, and alcohol. At the same time while cutting these foods out you’ll also want to increase your uptake of raw foods, and especially fruits and vegetables. Make sure to include leafy greens among these. Salads make this a lot easier! 🙂
One of the reasons for cutting down on these kinds of foods beforehand and increasing the others is to help your body adjust to the clean change you are about to make. By cutting these out or cutting down as much as possible, you can reduce the intensity of detox symptoms, which as said above will vary from person to person.
Tip #3. Inspiration For Your Juice Cleanse!
- Watch inspirational movies, videos, or read inspirational material related to juice cleansing. I can’t talk enough about how much this will help your mindset and give you the motivation to proceed with your plans. Sometimes all we need is some inspiration and motivation!
If you haven’t watched “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead” yet, then that ‘s a good one for starters! If you have already, then it won’t hurt to watch it again and get that positive mojo going! You can pick up a copy of it on Amazon.
Tip #4. Shop Ahead Of Time To Prepare For Your Juice Cleanse
- Something that a lot of people overlook, including myself the first time I did a juice cleanse, is to shop for your vegetables and fruit ahead of time. A day before would be the best option as they will be fresher.
You will have enough to keep you busy with preparing your juices and adjusting to the change of taking in only liquids. The last thing you need is the unnecessary stress of having to rush around last minute, while you’re craving for something to put in your body. Believe me, the last place you want to be while your hungry and out of juice is smack dab in the middle of a bunch of food at the store!
Shopping ahead of time will not only save you time, but a whole lot of irritation as well! I recommend you also check out these other efficient time saving tips before you get started with your juice cleanse!
#Tip 5. Mindset And Focusing On Your Goals!
- The last thing is your mindset, and to remind yourself why you are doing a juice cleanse. It’s important to keep your goals in mind, as this will help you when you’re having those weak moments and cravings. Your mind will try to convince you to just stick with your same old ways, as it will seem easier. Accepting that there will be ups and downs, which is completely normal during a juice cleanse, will help you to stay focused and to have the best experience as possible.
Also, an often overlooked aspect of juice cleansing is that it is more of a mental challenge than a physical one. Many articles cover the physical aspect of juice cleansing, which we have here as well, but they skip out on the most important part.
This article here is a MUST READ if you’re considering doing a juice cleanse or are about to do one! I cover all of the major aspects to consider before doing a juice cleanse and then really get into the mental and emotional aspects of doing a juice cleanse.
I’m telling you, most people don’t give up on their juice cleanse because of physical reasons, it’s the mental and emotional part that does it!
Committing to bettering yourself and your life, by actually taking action can be a very challenging and scary thing for a lot of us. Change is not always easy at first, but healthy positive change pays off in ways most of us cannot even begin to imagine! By preparing yourself for your juice cleanse, you are giving yourself the tools you need and taking positive steps that will help to ensure that your juice cleanse will be as successful as possible!
If you want to learn every bit of everything you need to do a juice cleanse the right way, our complete guide has it all! To boot, it’s very affordable. Check it out, now!
Questions? Let us know in the comments section below. We’re always happy to help!
Latest posts by Sean Carey (see all)
- Grape Juice Could Be The Fountain Of Youth! - July 3, 2016
- Juicing For Allergies: Powerful Anti-Allergy Juice Recipes Included! - June 27, 2016
- 15 Vegetable and Fruit Juices That Are High In Vitamin C - June 26, 2016