Motivation is a very important aspect to keep anyone going when doing a juice cleanse. What are your goals during this time period? Health, healing something particular, slimming down, or detox are some of the reasons why people do a juice cleanse.
For beginners, or returning juicing enthusiasts it can be challenging to start a juice cleanse or to stay motivated during one. Who can blame you? There is food everywhere! It’s in the store, on billboards, on TV commercials, in books and magazines, and even on your computer screen. It can be so invasive, especially in the beginning of your journey.
There are also other reasons to get sidetracked during a cleanse. There’s no time, no money, etc. We all have things going on in our lives. Here are some tips on how to stay motivated during a juice cleanse:
1. Make the beginning of the juice cleanse a lot easier by starting to incorporate raw fruit and vegetables into your diet a few days before you start. You could have a salads for dinner, or make a yummy smoothie in the morning for breakfast. You also want to cut out any heavy or processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine. This will make the transition a lot easier and it could really lessen detox symptoms. This could make it a lot easier to stay on your juice cleanse. If you want to read more about preparing for a juice cleanse you can follow that link there.
2. Keep your goals in mind. What’s the reason why you’re doing your juice cleanse in the first place? Visualize the ending results you wish to obtain. Pretend you are already there and feel how good it is to have accomplished such a daunting task. Hurray for you!
3. Find a support group. It’s important to talk with people who support you, not drag you down. There will be naysayers out there who think doing any kind of cleanse is insane, and do you need that? NO! Even family and friends have the best intentions, but do they know what’s best for YOU? NO! Only YOU knows what’s best for YOU.
Raw Juice Cleanse Recipes has a facebook page where we are there to help and support you through your transformation. We check it several times a day, and everyone is welcome! You can join our facebook page by clicking the link to it in the upper right hand side of any page of our website. It’s under the text that says Follow us! Once there, click the like button and become part of our growing facebook community!
4. Do your juice cleanse with someone you know. As I am writing this Sean and I are doing a juice cleanse together. We are able to inspire and help each other when we are having a hard day (or moment). It makes it so much easier, and there is no food in the house! Hallelujah! Doing a juice cleanse with someone can keep you honest and on track. They can help keep you motivated in times of weakness.
If you are interested you can follow the progress of the juice cleanse I spoke about above, in which we blogged about almost daily. We juice cleansed for a total of 30 days. You can read more about our 30 day juice cleansing experience by following that link.
5. Treat yourself. Treat yourself to a spa day, go shopping, take a beautiful hike, or go bowling. Do fun things that don’t involve food so you don’t feel like you’re not missing out on food. A fun activity can boost your willpower to stay on your juice cleanse.
6. Announce it to someone that your’e doing a juice cleanse. Go on a forum or join a group of fellow juicers. Not only will you have the support of multiple people, you will be more honest with your cleanse. If you tell people you are doing a juice cleanse, you will be held more accountable for your actions.
I hope if you are planning to do a juice cleanse you take these ideas with you, and maybe they can help. Your cleanse can be a lot easier when you know what resources are available to you. Talk to people, check at your local health store if you have one, or go on the internet for information. Good luck!
Questions? Let us know! Drop a comment below and we’ll respond ASAP!
Latest posts by Liisa Wilson (see all)
- 27 Vegetable and Fruit Juices That Fight Acne! - June 18, 2016
- How To Make Juice Popsicles (and Make Them Unique) - September 1, 2015
- Beat The Heat With These 10 Cooling Vegetable and Fruit Juices! - August 18, 2015