Choosing a healthy lifestyle and adding juicing into your life can make a huge difference in how you feel, maintaining a healthy weight and your overall general health. It can be a real challenge every single morning, afternoon and evening of every single day to keep up with our health. Many times we find this initial magic spark that gets us all enthused and excited about changing! We say some words like “Oh I am doing this, this time!” or “Nothing is going to get in my way now!” Then something happens.
Over the minutes, hours, days, weeks and months that follow, life happens. We all have to keep up with so much sometimes in our lives that the motivation to continue and stick to that initial spark as well as resolve to get healthier, lose weight or whatever it is becomes harder and harder.
We wake up and it can seem like such a chore or another thing we dread doing to stay in shape. It can become something we “have to do”, and not something we are really excited about like we were in the beginning. Maybe we haven’t seen as many results as we were hoping to see as of yet? Or Maybe it just seems like so much work every day to keep up with?
All of the excuses can bombard us like “I am just to busy”, “there are not enough hours in a day”, “I just don’t have the time”, “I am just so tired” and many more.We can slowly lose that initial drive we had and can find ourselves right back where we were to begin with. Then we tell ourselves we have already tried and we just can’t do it.
So when something does not work why do the same exact thing again? Most of the time it is not what we are doing to try to get in better shape or better overall health. It is how we think about it and how we approach it.
Some Tips To Begin A Real Change
- The first thing we can do is to accept where we are right now and stop comparing it to where we were at some other time in the past, or where we wish we were right now. ACCEPT that this is where we are and there are only two ways to go from here…Up or down! Guess what the great thing is? YOU get to choose which way to go!
You cannot do anything about the past and what brought you to where you are now. You can only do something about where you are now. This continues to be true every moment. So let go of those thoughts about where you were in the past and CHOOSE to be here right now and to move forward and up now!
- The second thing we can do is to relax. When do we relax? Right now! You cannot do anything about what got you to where you are now. Beating yourself up constantly or thinking about all of the what if’s or if I only did this is not going to do anything for you, but drain more energy and keep you standing still.
Ok, so relax some and accept that you can only work with where you are now and you can choose to get healthier and feel better, beginning right now!
- Make some goals for yourself, in fact make some big goals for yourself, but also make some small goals. Be present in the moment and the day. Take small steps every day that will get you closer to where you want to be. If you have it in you some days, take some big steps! In the end every step you take towards getting healthier is important!
When you go through a few days and start substituting unhealthy choices you might normally make with some better choices. Give yourself some credit! Celebrate the small steps you make with yourself! Have some happy moments with yourself, and let yourself think about that little step you just took.
Love yourself, congratulate yourself and have a moment with yourself about what you did to get better and healthier. Only you know yourself like you do and you should be proud of yourself for every step you take. No step is to small, believe me!
These little steps towards getting healthier are exactly what leads to real change! Being healthy is not made up of one big monumental change…sure there are some big monumental changes that take place along the way and you should definitely celebrate those also, but getting healthier and really losing that weight or getting in better shape overall is a lifestyle.
It is in the small day to day changes that you make over time, and these add up and become a way of life. This way of life is what helps you to become healthier and to make long lasting changes that will stick.
Adding Juicing Into Your Life
Juicing is a great way to start getting healthier! Something that is great about juicing is that you can get a whole lot more fruits and vegetables into your body than you might normally eat in one sitting. In fact a lot of the times in one juice you can get more into your body than you might eat all day!
By adding raw, living nutrition into your body in the form of juice you will be giving it a lot of the nutrition it craves and needs. A lot of us might have to work up to a place where our body craves real food, or juice because we have been teaching it to “like” artificial processed foods that are unhealthy for us. Your body will crave that which you give it more of over time and for a lot of us we have been giving to much junk!
Another reason some of us overeat and keep feeding it more and more is because it internally knows that it is not getting the nutrients it is really craving. You see, our body knows what it needs and the foods most of us eat are lacking in a whole lot of the real nutrition that it is seeking. So what does it do? It keeps searching for more, and what we give it is more nothing!
You do not have to do a full on juice cleanse to start seeing the benefits of juicing! You can start simply by adding a juice into your diet here and there now. Maybe you drink soda, crave sweets or just eat junky snacks sometimes? In the place of these add a fresh, home made juice. You do not even have to start off with vegetable juice if you that is difficult for you.
If you have a sweet tooth then start off with a fresh fruit juice. Do you like orange juice? Ok, throw some fresh oranges into your juicer and make yourself a nice sweet glass of REAL orange juice. Like Apple juice instead? Ok, then make an apple juice. Over time challenge yourself to try something different out. Throw a leaf of kale in your fruit juice, or maybe a few leaves of romaine lettuce instead? Maybe even a stalk of celery or two if you like celery?
If you are thinking about adding juicing into your life and do not have a juicer yet. You really should read this page we wrote all about the best juicers to buy and which juicer may be best for you and your situation. This page not only covers all the differences between different types of juicers, but also has many tips that can help you to find the best juicer for your budget.
Adding More Exercise Into Your Life
If you are wanting to lose weight and just get overwhelmed by the prospect of all of the work it takes to get there then do the same. Maybe in the morning you usually get up and sit in front of the TV or the computer? As the day goes you get more and more settled in and do not want to get up to do anything…
Or maybe you are already at a decent weight and just want to start making some healthier choices in your life so that you can feel better. Maybe you want more energy, or maybe you have some health issues and you know you need to make a change and get some more exercise.
- So as a little change instead of starting your day by getting in front of the tv or computer. Get up one morning, get dressed, step outside and take a little walk! Focus on enjoying the sounds around you, the sun in the sky, or if it is not sunny then enjoy simply taking a fresh breath of morning air. Make this a simple and enjoyable experience…do it with a friend if you have one that will join you, or make it a special time for yourself, where you allow for some you time.
When you get back from your walk instead of snacking on something junky, have yourself a nice cold glass of juice! Then allow yourself to feel good about the choices YOU made.
- During the day you may have some shows you watch, and during these shows you might normally have a habit of eating some junk food while you watch them. Or maybe you do something else where you are not doing much else other than sitting for longer periods of time.
Want to know something I started doing while watching shows that I like sometimes? I walk in place or even jog in place on and off during some of my shows. The great thing about this is if I do not have a whole lot of time and I really want to watch my show, I can still do this! I double up what I am doing and get some exercise while I am doing it!
You can really work up a sweat while doing this and it is a great way to burn off some calories in the process!
We also wrote a post that covers Juicing For Weight Loss in great detail!
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below, and as always we wish you the best of health!
Latest posts by Sean Carey (see all)
- Grape Juice Could Be The Fountain Of Youth! - July 3, 2016
- Juicing For Allergies: Powerful Anti-Allergy Juice Recipes Included! - June 27, 2016
- 15 Vegetable and Fruit Juices That Are High In Vitamin C - June 26, 2016