“Chlorophyll, the healer, is at once powerful and bland— devastating to germs, yet gentle to wounded body tissues. Exactly how it works is still Nature’s secret; [but] to the layman, at least, the phenomenon seems like green magic.”
H.E. Kirschner, M.D.
Chlorophyll is what takes sunlight and converts it into energy inside of plants. It is also what gives plants their green color, and while many vegetables contain chlorophyll, leafy greens generally have the highest concentrations.
The chlorophyll molecule is very interesting as it closely resembles hemoglobin, which is not only responsible for the red color of our blood, but also its oxygen-carrying capacity. In fact the only difference between the molecular structures of hemoglobin and chlorophyll are their center atom. Hemoglobin’s center atom is iron, while chlorophyll’s is magnesium.
The health benefits of chlorophyll are many, and we briefly wanted to cover some of the most amazing health benefits of this powerful molecule!
Blood Builder and Blood Cleanser:
- Being so close in molecular structure to hemoglobin, chlorophyll is a great blood builder, and blood cleanser.
- Chlorophyll also stimulates red blood cell production, which increases your blood’s oxygen carrying capacity. This contributes to its cleansing abilities, and helps to improve circulation in our body.
- All of the same properties talked about above which make chlorophyll great for our blood, also make this miracle molecule a great detoxifier.
- Chlorophyll binds with toxins including toxic heavy metals and helps to remove them from our bodies.
- Chlorophyll is a great aid in colon cleansing, and also can stimulate bowel movements.
Chlorophyll vs Effects Of Radiation and Cancer:
- Studies have shown that chlorophyll can improve the detrimental effects of radiation.
- Chlorophyll has been linked to cancer prevention. Not only can chlorophyll reduce the ability of carcinogens to cause gene mutations, but it also has been shown to inhibit the effects of environmental chemicals, and chemicals found in processed, or chemical covered foods.
Loaded With Nutritional Goodies!
- Chlorophyll is rich in enzymes and high in amino acids.
- Chlorophyll is itself an antioxidant, which neutralizes free radicals
Other Amazing Benefits Of Chlorophyll!
- Chlorophyll helps DNA, and damaged tissue to repair itself!
- Chlorophyll helps to alkalize the body.
- Studies have shown that chlorophyll contains abundant available anti-inflammatory agents, which is leading to the development of extracts to treat inflammation. (You could extract some yourself by juicing leafy greens!)
- Promotes good aerobic bacteria, while discouraging bad anaerobic bacteria.
- Fights bacterial wounds.
Receive The Full Health Benefits Of Chlorophyll
Cooking foods that contain chlorophyll, can either straight out destroy the chlorophyll inside, or damage and change it at the molecular level. This is yet another reason why juicing can be so beneficial to our your health! When juicing, you are extracting the nutrition inside of the vegetable or fruit in its raw form!
Green juices and especially those with leafy greens contain high amounts of this miracle molecule! It is generally held that the darker the green , the more chlorophyll the vegetable potentially contains.
We just happen to have a whole lot of green juice recipes, and green juice recipes for beginners on our website! Many of our juice recipes are loaded with leafy greens, which in turn are loaded with chlorophyll!
Also, if you are new to juicing and would like to learn more, click this link and you will be taken to our juicing for beginners page!
We hope you got something out of this article all about the health benefits of chlorophyll! If you have any questions or anything to add, please let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Sean Carey (see all)
- Grape Juice Could Be The Fountain Of Youth! - July 3, 2016
- Juicing For Allergies: Powerful Anti-Allergy Juice Recipes Included! - June 27, 2016
- 15 Vegetable and Fruit Juices That Are High In Vitamin C - June 26, 2016